Thursday 13 December 2012

Band Tees

Hi everyone! Hope you've had a lovely week. I know I've said this before but I love how an individuals fashion style enables everyone to express their true persona, interests  and even their mood.  Some days I want to dress girly, with soft colours and floral prints, other days I might want to represent a more edgy look by adding studs and leather. Although these elements might seem contrary, I think it's important for people to experiment with different styles while maintaining their own identity.
Today I wanted to share ideas on how you can dress up your favourite band tee. Band tees have the ability to make everyone feel effortlessly cool. Chuck on a 'Kiss' tee with some skinny leg jeans and heels and you're dressed for a night out ready to rock. However, I believe you should buy tee shirts with bands that you actually love and know. There is nothing worse than seeing someone wear a band tee who you know can't even name any of their songs.
I think the best way to glam up your band tee is to tuck it into a tailored pencil line or fitted skirt and tie in the edgy feel with statement heels. You can always add a splash of sequins/metallics to create a rock glam finish. 
Below I styled my Guns N' Roses tee shirt (that I have cut off the sleeves) with my new floral jacquard skirt from Zara (Hong Kong), H&M sequins cropped jacket and Nine West heels.  
I have styled some looks below based around four of my favourite music artists. I have attempted to recreate both punk and glam rock looks. I hope they inspire you to express your interests and add it to your style. Who knows it could be the start of a "Rockin" new relationship?














6 comments:

  1. This is such a cool look my dearest! I love how have incorporated your feminine sense of style with some edgier pieces. The fit of your skirt is so chic and those shoes are so different, I love their cut. And as always really love the outfit you have put together :)

    Take care,

    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing outfit!
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! And I love your hair:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Check out my blog>>> http://www.fashionhypnotised.com/
    Maybe you'd like to follow each other via BLOGLOVIN? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love, this look and your style boards. they are great!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your shoes and skirt, pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox