Thursday 14 March 2013

Dusty Petals Celebrates Highpoint's New Fashion Mall

Wow, what an extraordinary couple of days! Dusty Petals was fortunate enough to receive an exclusive invitation to the launch of Highpoint Shopping Centre's new $300 million expansion. I must say that Highpoint's new development is incredible. There is a very fresh, clean and inviting vibe that just makes me want to explore the fabulous retailers. 
Architects for the project, The Buchan Group drew inspiration from the local area, with particular design elements inspired by the near by Maribyrnong River (architecturally designed floating roof) and Highpoint's history as a bluestone quarry (use of bluestone throughout the new section).
The sustainability considerations given throughout the design and construction phases have to also be acknowledged and The Buchan Group (architects), Probuild (construction) and Highpoint must be commended for these efforts.
 Highpoint now boasts over 500 stores, 7000 car spaces, new parenting rooms, a fresh food market and an Eco Mall. If that doesn't impress you Highpoint is now the first Australian shopping centre to house Zara and Topshop under the same roof! 
I celebrated the launch by doing some serious shopping. First stop was Topshop! I'll share my new purchases from the day in an upcoming post.  I think you are going to like them. 
My morning was filled with pampering by the Highpoint team which included scrumptious food and a well executed opening ceremony lead by the wonderful Carrie Bickmore. The ceremony also featured the extremely long legged Megan Gale who helped open the new David Jones store. 
In the afternoon it was again time to return to Highpoint for an evening of fashion parades hosted by the gorgeous Poppy Dinsey, founder of WIWT.com. I was so excited to meet Poppy, I love her looks on wiwt.com and it was so nice to see her in person. I encourage you to check out her site here: WIWT.COM

I'll now let the pictures do all the talking. Below I have photographed all of the fun that took place. I have also included some illustrations sharing Dusty Petals celebrations of the launch of Highpoint's new fashion mall.
I have chosen some of my favourite F/W trends and styled some looks based around them with products from Highpoint Shopping Centre below.







Images courtesy of Style.com



Images courtesy of Style.com




Images courtesy of Style.com



Images courtesy of Style.com





Thank you Highpoint for inviting Dusty Petals to share such a wonderful new development. I know where I'll be spending my weekends....sorry credit card!

Thank you Kathryn Wilkins for turning my vision into brilliant illustrations.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning the comp! AAH, seriously soo jealous. I'm sure you're going to have an amazing time in London. Nice meeting you today and thanks for the teaching advice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox